Electric Vehicle Offers & Information
Electric Vehicle Federal Tax Credit up to $7,500
A federal income tax credit up to $7,500 is available for the purchase of a new qualified plug-in electric vehicle with a battery that has at least five kilowatt-hours (kWh) of capacity, uses an external source of energy to recharge, has a gross vehicle weight rating of up to 14,000 pounds, and meets specified emission standards. The minimum credit amount is $2,500, and the credit may be up to $7,500, based on each vehicle's battery capacity and the gross vehicle weight rating.
• Consult your tax adviser to make sure you qualify
• Max tax credit $7,500
• Subject to availability, visit the IRS website for additional details and an application
Electric Vehicle Federal Tax Incentive up to $7,500
California State Incentive Program - Drive Clean and Save
Administered by CSE for the California Air Resources Board, the Clean Vehicle Rebate Project (CVRP) offers up to $7,000 in electric vehicle rebates for the purchase or lease of new, eligible zero-emissions and plug-in hybrid light-duty vehicles.
• Apply within 18 months of purchase/lease of an eligible vehicle and before rebate funds are exhausted.
• Visit https://cleanvehiclerebate.org for details.
• Restrictions apply, subject to change.
Receive up to $7,000 in electric vehicle rebates for the purchase or lease of new, eligible zero-emissions and plug-in hybrid light-duty vehicles. Restrictions apply.
Drive Clean in the San Joaquin EV Rebate Program
Attention San Joaquin Valley residents! The Valley Air District provides several great options to significantly reduce or even eliminate the pollution that comes from using your car.
The District is currently accepting applications for its Drive Clean! Rebate Program which provides rebates to Valley residents and businesses for the purchase or lease of new, clean-air vehicles. To be considered for a rebate, applicants must purchase or lease a vehicle from the eligible vehicle list. For more information about the program, please review the program guidelines and application.
• Up to $3,000 rebate available for qualified purchases
• Restrictions apply, visit website for details
Maximum Rebate: Up to $3,000 depending on the vehicle purchased. Restrictions apply.
Drive Clean in the San Joaquin Replacement Program
Own a 1999 or older high polluting car that you’re willing to give up? Get money from the Valley Air District to replace your older, high-polluting vehicle with a newer vehicle or upgrade to a hybrid or electric vehicle. The program is limited to vehicle owners residing in the jurisdiction of the San Joaquin Air Pollution Control District who meet the income and vehicle requirements.
The Valley Air District's Replace program is available to individuals whose household income is at or below 400 percent of federal poverty level (FPL). Additionally, residents living in disadvantaged communities that choose to purchase a hybrid, plug-in hybrid or zero-emission vehicle can receive a higher funding amount.
• Cannot be combined with the Drive Clean in the San Joaquin Rebate program.
• Requires pre-approval to confirm eligibility.
• Requires purchase of eligible vehicle.
• Rebate amount is calculated based on vehicle type, household income and zip code.
• Additional restrictions apply. visit ValleyAir.org website for details.
• Up to $4,500 funding available to approved applicants for qualified purchases
• Up to $9,500 funding available to approved applicants in disadvantaged communities
• Additional restrictions apply.
Up to $500 Rebate on Level 2 Electric Vehicle Chargers
As more of our customers are entering into the EV market, MID has launched a new pilot program to help with the cost of installing EV chargers. The rebate application includes the program requirements (link below).
Level 2 electric vehicle supply equipment (EVSE) provides charging through a 240 V AC plug. Level 2 adds about 10 to 60 miles of range to a vehicle per hour of charging time, making it far more convenient than standard 120 V AC charging, which adds about 2 to 5 miles per hour of charging. Additionally, level 2 charging is a more energy-efficient method of charging, as most EV have on-board components that require additional electricity the entire time the EV is plugged in.
• Level 2 chargers are four to six times faster than using a standard home outlet.
• More efficient charging than standard outlet (120V) charging.
• Many units come with additional controls, such a timers and wifi connectivity.
Up to $500 Rebate on Level 2 Electric Vehicle Chargers.
Restrictions apply. See application for details.