Modesto Irrigation District
1231 11th Street, Modesto
Mon-Fri. 8am - 5pm
Drive Clean in the San Joaquin Replacement Program
Own a 1999 or older high polluting car that you’re willing to give up? Get money from the Valley Air District to replace your older, high-polluting vehicle with a newer vehicle or upgrade to a hybrid or electric vehicle. The program is limited to vehicle owners residing in the jurisdiction of the San Joaquin Air Pollution Control District who meet the income and vehicle requirements.
The Valley Air District's Replace program is available to individuals whose household income is at or below 400 percent of federal poverty level (FPL). Additionally, residents living in disadvantaged communities that choose to purchase a hybrid, plug-in hybrid or zero-emission vehicle can receive a higher funding amount.
- Cannot be combined with the Drive Clean in the San Joaquin Rebate program.
- Requires pre-approval to confirm eligibility.
- Requires purchase of eligible vehicle.
- Rebate amount is calculated based on vehicle type, household income and zip code.
- Additional restrictions apply. visit ValleyAir.org website for details.
• Up to $9,500 funding available to approved applicants in disadvantaged communities
• Additional restrictions apply.